I started my research with brief and general searches to hopefully lead me down a more informative path, to hopefully "strike gold," as they say. I started by searching how to research title sequences and came across a multitude of websites, though none seemed like they had enough information to support the amount of research needed to be done. This was until I came across two websites called Art of the Title and Watch the Titles. We are researching these websites because they provide easy access to hundreds of title sequences where we can note and research the elements of font, contrast, size, how the words are moved and where they are placed, and the duration for which they are shown. These websites are highly organized, making it extremely easy to navigate to where we need to go for effective research, without any time wasted searching through all the title sequences it has to offer to find one that is our own genre. We are further researching to understand t...
Welcome one, welcome all, to the last session of editing! For this session, I worked on the titles, transitions, filters, and other minute details. To pick up where I left off, I thought about what best place to start other than the beginning. To prepare for my endeavor, I pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote down the order in which the titles appear in the film industry, and next to it who belonged to what title. This way, I could keep track of who goes with what and stay in the correct order. I began with the “Studios Presents” title, which I wanted to have floating around in the pool as our first title. For this title, we all agreed on the name R.P.M.M. Studios, which were our initials in no specific order, just the way that sounded best. I tried to make the words float around using keyframes, but I was not a fan of how they were moving. It looked too fake and stiff, which is usually the effect of using keyframes to try to stop motion edit something. I tried ...
Today was our final time meeting up to film! Today, we are fixing our mistakes and creating a more coherent and sound production. First, we tackled the comment on the busyness of the park scene. I wasn’t familiar with Marissa and Mackena’s neighborhood, as the start of this whole project was my first time being there. Marissa offered a good idea of going to their public community pool just down the street, and since it was cold outside, no one would be there to see Mackena and Riley in their toddler costumes again. For the pool scene, this was our easiest scene to film yet. We had them sit across the pool on the chairs to make it seem like the viewer was watching them from afar. At first Marissa had them sit on the direct opposite side of the pool, but as I started to film, I saw they were a bit further from the camera than I wanted. Almost to the point where it was difficult to see the two on their chairs. To fix this, I had t...
Comments
Post a Comment